MIA/MPA Concentrations & Specializations
Beyond the designated core curriculum, two-year MIA and MPA students must complete the requirements for one of six policy concentrations and a specialization focused on a particular skill or area of knowledge. MPA in Development Practice students can choose up to two specializations (not required).
In addition to fulfilling all core requirements, MIA and MPA students must also satisfy the requirements of one policy concentration.
- Economic and Political Development »
- Energy and Environment »
- Human Rights & Humanitarian Policy »
- International Finance and Economic Policy »
- International Security Policy »
- Urban and Social Policy »
MIA and MPA students also choose one specialization (similar to a minor) focused on a skill or area of specialized knowledge to complement their policy concentration.