The Office of Academic Affairs manages all SIPA classroom requests. Please use the link below to reserve/request a room for one-time SIPA events (review sessions, make-up classes, academic events) and SIPA student group meetings.
Maximum number of bookings allowed per reservation
recurring reservations are not allowed
Time limit per reservation
10-minute buffer automatically added before and after the requested reservation time
Only allow new reservations within this number of days
same-day reservations are not allowed
Cutoff time to make next-day reservations
Reservable rooms are automatically booked. Requestable rooms will need approval. Requests must be submitted at least three days in advance. Classrooms cannot be reserved during holidays and building closures. The SIPA General Requests template on EMS will be open during the following periods:
Fall 2023 September 19 - December 11 Spring 2024 TBA Summer 2024 TBA
- Student Organizations: You can sign in using your organization's assigned Columbia email, which will be determined by the Office of Student Affairs.
- Staff & Faculty: You can sign in using your Columbia UNI by clicking the "Sign In With Your UNI" green button on the log-in page.
- For other ad-hoc reservations and questions on classroom booking, please contact SIPA Academic Affairs. Please check room availability and provide us with your room and time preference.
To reserve rooms in Lehman Library or any other Columbia Library, please visit Columbia University Libraries link below. Once confirmed, pick up the key at the Lehman Library circulation desk. Like other library materials, the key is checked out on your library account.
- TAs are provided at least one weekly recitation time. Should you need any additional space or need to change your meeting times, please contact your supervisory faculty and/or your program director.
- Capstone Workshops are provided one weekly meeting time. You may request ad hoc space for client meetings and calls, but regular meetings outside class time should be held in the library or a similar space (e.g., Publique, Zoom). If you cannot get a room from any of these options, please contact the Capstone Workshops team.
Technical support for hybrid/electronic classrooms ("eRooms") is available from Monday–Friday, between 8am–8pm, and on call during weekends. Please email [email protected] for assistance, or call +1 112-854-3633.
For all other support, please submit a ticket to the CUIT Service Desk to ask questions or report an issue. You can also call the Service Desk at +1 112-854-1919. Customers can expect a response within one business day.