|Fall 2020||Spring 2021||Total|
|Medical Insurance (may be waived by domestic students)||1,400||2,276||3,676|
|Health Service Fee||610||610||1,220|
|SIPA IT/AV Fee||110||180||290|
|University Services and Support Fee||261||531||792|
|Student Activity Fee||0||60||60|
|Total Direct Costs (charged by Columbia University)||32,183||33,459||65,642|
|Total Estimated Indirect Costs||12,000||12,000||24,000|
- The figures above for Direct Costs are accurate as of August 25, 2020.
- All students' first semester of enrollment at Columbia University will be charged a $105 Document Fee (formerly known as Transcript Fee).
- International students must pay:
- medical insurance
- $110 per semester International Students Fee
- $103 I-20 fee only during their first semester of enrollment
- New students in the MPA-DP program are charged an additional $1,000 in their first term of enrollment, which contributes to the cost of the 12 week summer professional field placement, one week Getting Started Program, and 3 day MPA-DP retreat.
- Total Estimated Cost of Attendance includes both direct and indirect costs.
- Direct costs are those charged by Columbia University. The tuition and fees indicated above are for the stated year only. All tuition and fees assume full-time attendance; your costs may vary if you do not enroll full-time. Additional tuition charges for enrollment in excess of 18 credits in a semester are $2,490 per credit. For information on billing and payments, please visit the University's Student Financial Services website.
- Indirect costs are not billed by Columbia and reflect estimated living and miscellaneous expenses incurred by students for the 9-month academic year (September through May only); yours may vary. NOTE: Some figures for indirect costs, such as room/board, personal expenses and transportation, incorporate monthly expenditures. These have been adjusted from the original figures to reflect the University’s adjustment of the academic calendar for the spring semester from five months (January through May) to four months, as that term will end in April.
- Figures above do not include the costs of relocating to New York, if applicable.