|Fall 2020||Spring 2021||Total|
|Medical Insurance (may be waived by domestic students)||1,400||2,276||3,676|
|Health Service Fee||610||610||1,220|
|SIPA IT/AV Fee||110||180||290|
|University Services and Support Fee||261||531||792|
|Student Activity Fee||0||60||60|
|Total Direct Costs (charged by Columbia University)||32,183||33,459||65,642|
|Total Estimated Indirect Costs||10,776||13,611||24,387|
- Not all tuition and fees have been approved yet by the Columbia University Board of Trustees. The figures above for Direct Costs are estimates as of August 25, 2020.
- All students' first semester of enrollment at Columbia University will be charged a $105 Document Fee (formerly known as Transcript Fee).
- International students must pay:
- medical insurance
- $110 per semester International Students Fee
- $103 I-20 fee only during their first semester of enrollment
- New students in the MPA-DP program are charged an additional $1,000 in their first term of enrollment, which contributes to the cost of the 12 week summer professional field placement, one week Getting Started Program, and 3 day MPA-DP retreat.
- Total Estimated Cost of Attendance includes both direct and indirect costs.
- Direct costs are those charged by Columbia University. The tuition and fees indicated above are for the stated year only. All tuition and fees assume full-time attendance; your costs may vary if you do not enroll full-time. Additional tuition charges for enrollment in excess of 18 credits in a semester are $2,490 per credit. For information on billing and payments, please visit the University's Student Financial Services website.
- Indirect costs are not billed by Columbia and reflect estimated living and miscellaneous expenses incurred by students for the 9-month academic year (September through May only); yours may vary.
- Figures above do not include the costs of relocating to New York, if applicable.
For Fall 2020, SIPA will reduce the IT/AV fee by $70, just as we did last semester. We are reducing this fee even though AV/IT-related expenses have increased in conjunction with the continuation of online instruction and programming. With respect to the student activity fee, SIPA will not charge the $60 fee this semester. Once again, SIPASA was instrumental in enabling this fee reduction.