How to Apply
Submit your finished application via our online Application Portal!
All applicants are required to submit a completed application through our online Application Portal. While there is no separate deadline for international applicants, each degree program has its own application deadlines, which you can view here. Please follow the instructions below to assemble and submit the online application.
Some application checklist items will vary by program. Please review this list carefully:
- This may include a Personal Statement, Short Topical Essay, Diversity Essay and/or Optional Essay. More instruction on each of these essay prompts can be found on the program page and within the application portal itself.
- Include any relevant professional experience, internships, volunteerism and skills most relevant to your program of interest.
Letters of Recommendation
(2 required and 1 optional for all programs; MPA-ESP requires 3 letters)
- Can be professional and/or academic in nature.
- Should include any college or university where credit was obtained - this includes Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s, PhDs, certifications, transfer credits, etc.
(optional in 2023, with the exception of the MPA in Economic Policy Management program). *Please note: we do not accept the at-home versions of these exams.
- GRE school code: 2161 (no department code)
- GMAT school code: QF8-64-56 for MIA or QF8-64-99 for all MPA programs
English Standardized Test Scores
(international students only). Required if your native language is not English and if your entire undergraduate degree was not taught in English. *Please note: we do not accept the at-home versions of these exams.
- TOEFL iBT: preferred 110, minimum 100
- IELTS: preferred 7.5, minimum 7.0
- Cambridge English: C1 Advanced/ C2 Proficiency: C1 Advanced, preferred 191, minimum 185
- A 90 second video recorded after application submission. Recording is in response to a randomized personal or policy question.
Optional Fellowship Essays
(Essay prompts vary per program, but all applicants are eligible for select fellowships if they apply by the respective fellowship deadlines.)
- $95.00 USD non-refundable Application Fee
For more information on all of our application materials, check out our Admissions Blog!