Job & Internship Postings
Get access to thousands of job and internship postings in SIPA Connect and get information on on-campus jobs in departments Columbia-wide.
Job & Internship Postings
Students* and alumni have direct access to the nearly 7,000 jobs that the CAC posts annually through the employment portal, SIPA Connect. To supplement your independent internship and/or job searches, the CAC conducts extensive outreach to organizations worldwide to provide students with opportunities to enhance their career development and make contact with employers. SIPA’s employer base continues to grow and contains over 3,500 diverse organizations that consider SIPA students and alumni for internships and full-time employment.
*Students are granted access to SIPA Connect upon attending orientation. Incoming students are encouraged to review the CAC career development, career overview, and sector-specific fact sheets, along with our employment statistics in preparation for starting your studies at SIPA.
There are two types of on-campus student work available at Columbia University: (1) Federal Work-Study and (2) ‘casual’ positions. Federal Work-Study positions at Columbia can be found in a centralized database and are not available to all students (please see below for more information on eligibility). Casual opportunities have less restrictions but are not centralized in any database. To help you find these opportunities, we have listed on-campus departments that have been known to hire students. Since this is by no means a comprehensive list, we encourage you to also contact other departments that not listed below to inquire about casual work opportunities.
For Work-Study opportunities, please visit Student Financial Services' Federal Work-Study Jobs Database.
Please carefully review and follow any instructions below or on the departments' respective websites for following up about on-campus work opportunities.
- Dodge Fitness Center
- Columbia University Libraries: Paper applications available in Butler Library room 519 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Columbia College Information Technology: Email resume and cover letter to [email protected].
- Columbia University Information Technology: Email Jesse Irmler at [email protected].
- CC/SEAS Tutoring Service
- Columbia School of General Studies Tutoring Service
- Columbia Event Management
- SIPA Office of Student Affairs: SIPA OSA hires casual workers over the summer only. If interested, please email Yanuaira Lopez-Souza at [email protected].
- Language Resource Center: Email the Center at [email protected].
- Disability Services: Email resumes or inquiries to [email protected].
- Earth Institute: Email Cari Shimkus at [email protected].