SIPAIT Student Casual Hire
Students hired as casual workers in the Office of SIPAIT provide first level of support to students, staff and faculty. Student consultants provide support for IT Help Desk, printers, perform administrative tasks, assist Audio Visual services insupporting the SIPA eRooms, and work with Client Services as needed. Students consultants must be available to work a combination of day, evening and weekend hours, for a total of 10-15 hours a week on-campus..
SIPA IT Orientation is mandatory for the first term a consultant is hired. Failure to attend orientation would lead to cancellation of the job. Fall orientation is on Thursday, September 1, 2022 and Spring orientation is on Thursday, January 12, 2023.
In order to be considered for the fall 2023, applicants must email their resume and submit the Computer Skills form to [email protected].
|Note: Application for Fall 2023 is open through March 20. 2023|
Job details for the current year:
- The job begins on Thursday, September 1, 2022 in fall and on Thursday, January 12, 2023 in spring (subject to change). The job ends on the last day of exams each semester. This is subject to change under the current conditions of Pandemic.
- Students are not expected to work during the winter break or spring break.
- Work schedule requires students to work a combination of weekdays, evenings and weekend.
Salary: $35 per hour. Students must commit to work between 10 and 15 hours/week and work hours cannot exceed 20 hours a week. This job is hourly and requires timesheet submission in order for payments to be issued.
- Interviews will be held in March/April for fall and in later for Spring. Dates (TBD).a
- Applications will be reviewed and students contacted for interview.
- The committee will announce decisions by April 15, 2022 for Fall hires.
- A contract will be sent to the students to accept the position.
- Once the contract has been returned to SIPAIT, HR will be advised to proceed with paperwork to hire the student.
- Students must have completed HR paperwork before they can begin work.
- Students must have a SSN before they can start work.