SIPA’s Global Network
LARGEST CONCENTRATIONS OF SIPA ALUMNI
New York Metro Area
Washington, DC, Metro Area
San Francisco Metro Area
Los Angeles Metro Area
SIPA ALUMNI ASSOCIATION EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- Brent Feigenbaum MIA ’84, Chair
- Reed D. Auerbach IF ’81, MIA ’82, ’85LAW, Ex Officio
- Elie Chachoua MPA-ESP ’09
- Bruce Cohen MPA ’91
- Charlotte Doyle MPA-ESP ’20
- Joshua Elder MPA ’18
- Habib M. Enayetullah MPA ’91, Ex Officio
- Kirsten Frivold Imohiosen MPA ’03, Ex Officio
- Paul Lindberg MPA ’21
- Carolina Ocampa-Maya MPA-DP ’13
- James Profestas MPA ’14
- Kiara J. Reed ’11GS, MIA ’16, ’16BUS, Ex Officio
- Kathleen Roh MPA ’15
- Alejandro Rosales MIA ’10
- Maro V. Titus MPA ’93
- Pertshuhi Torosyan MPA-EPM ’15
- Tracy L. Wilson MIA ’86
- Anastasia Xenias ’91BC, MIA ’94, CERT ’94, ’01GSAS, ’07GSAS
SIPA Alumni Join the Biden-Harris Administration
Congratulations to the SIPA alumni who have joined the new Biden-Harris administration in a variety of roles. We couldn’t be prouder that they are taking their expertise to Washington, DC, to serve under a new president. This is a partial list reflecting information received as of June 30, 2021.
- Alice Albright MIA ’85 was nominated to serve as CEO of the Millennium Challenge Corporation.
- Caroline Baxter MIA ’09 was sworn in as deputy assistant secretary of defense for force education and training.
- Amit Bose MIA ’95 is the new deputy administrator of the Federal Railroad Administration. On April 22 he was nominated to be the agency’s administrator.
- Asha Castleberry-Hernandez MIA ’12 is a new senior adviser in the State Department’s Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs.
- Raphael Chavez-Fernandez MPA ’19 was appointed deputy assistant secretary for intergovernmental affairs at the US Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Julie Chung MIA ’96 was nominated to serve as ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary to the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka.
- Ambassador Jeffrey DeLaurentis MIA ’78 serves as acting representative for special political affairs for the US Mission to the United Nations.
- Chris DeRusha MIA ’09, IF ’09, the former top cybersecurity official for the Biden campaign, serves as the federal government’s chief information security officer.
- Kevin Fashola MIA ’17 serves as special assistant to the assistant secretary of defense for international security affairs.
- Mayor Eric Garcetti MIA ’95 of Los Angeles was nominated to serve as ambassador to India.
- Lindsay Hamilton MIA ’07 serves as associate administrator for public affairs at the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Karine Jean-Pierre MPA ’03 was named White House principal deputy press secretary, after serving as senior adviser to now President Biden and chief of staff to now Vice President Harris during the campaign.
- Krystal Laymon MPA-ESP ’12 serves as deputy director for climate resilience at the White House Council on Environmental Quality.
- Ambassador Nancy McEldowney MIA ’86 serves as national security adviser to Vice President Harris.
- Patrick Meyers MPA ’15 is now a researcher in the White House Office of Presidential Personnel following service on the Biden-Harris transition team.
- Shara Mohtadi MIA ’15 was appointed chief of staff in the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy at the US Department of Energy.
- Anne Neuberger MIA ’05 was appointed deputy national security adviser for cyber and emerging technology on the National Security Council.
- Michael Raynor MIA ’86 was nominated to serve as ambassador to both the Republic of Senegal and the Republic of Guinea-Bissau.
- Jocelyn Samuels IF ’81 was designated vice chair of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
- Daniel E. White MPA ’20 serves as special assistant to the assistant secretary of defense for strategy, plans, and capabilities.