|Summer 2020||Fall 2020||Spring 2021||Total|
|Medical Insurance (may be waived by domestic students)||867||1,400||2,276||4,543|
|Health Service Fee||300||610||610||1,520|
|SIPA IT/AV Fee||250||180||250||680|
|University Services and Support Fee||249||261||531||1,041|
|Student Activity Fee||60||0||60||120|
|Total Direct Costs (charged by Columbia University)||29,187||29,807||31,083||90,077|
|Total Estimated Indirect Costs||8,205||10,776||13,611||32,592|
- Not all tuition and fees have been approved yet by the Columbia University Board of Trustees. The figures above for Direct Costs are estimates as of August 25, 2020.
- All students' first semester of enrollment at Columbia University will be charged a $105 Document Fee (formerly known as Transcript Fee).
- International students must pay:
- medical insurance
- $110 per semester International Students Fee
- $103 I-20 fee only during their first semester of enrollment
- Total Estimated Cost of Attendance includes both direct and indirect costs.
- Direct costs are those charged by Columbia University. The tuition and fees indicated above are for the stated year only. All tuition and fees assume full-time attendance; your costs may vary if you do not enroll full-time. Additional tuition charges for enrollment in excess of 19 credits in a semester are $2,280 per credit. For information on billing and payments, please visit the University's Student Financial Services website.
- Indirect costs are not billed by Columbia and reflect estimated living and miscellaneous expenses incurred by students for the academic year; yours may vary.
- Figures above do not include the costs of relocating to New York, if applicable.
For Fall 2020, SIPA will reduce the IT/AV fee by $70, just as we did last semester. We are reducing this fee even though AV/IT-related expenses have increased in conjunction with the continuation of online instruction and programming. With respect to the student activity fee, SIPA will not charge the $60 fee this semester. Once again, SIPASA was instrumental in enabling this fee reduction.