SIPASA is SIPA's principal student government body. It is the liaison between the SIPA student body, OSA, and the Columbia University administration. It aims to improve the overall student experience at SIPA by:
- Representing varied student interests to the administration
- Assisting in the formation of new student groups and budget allocation
- Ensuring access to internal school facilities and SIPA merchandise
- Mobilizing resources for organizing student orientation
- Planning and executing the annual SIPA social calendar
- Raising funds for the class gift and scholarships
Every position within SIPASA is an elected post, filled through a democratic election process, held during late November/early December. The term is from January to December.
The board compromises of:
University Senator and Senetor-Elect
(2) Communications and External Relations Chairs
(2) Social Chairs
(2) Academic Chairs
(2) Career and Alumni Chairs
(2) Student Life Chairs
Representatives for Dual Degree, PhD, EMPA, MPA-ESP, MPA-DP and PEPM programs
For your 2013 SIPASA representatives, click on the 'Board' tab at the top of the page.
For SIPASA Funded Organizations:
If you are a SIPASA funded organization and would like your events featured on the SIPASA calendar for the month, please e-mail SIPASA@columbia.edu no later than the first day of the month. Please include the event title and date in the subject line. If you wish to directly e-mail the student body about your events, please utilize the 2013 and 2014 Google groups.